Saturday, June 29, 2013

Slow-Cooker Lentil Sloppy Joes

I must be training my hubby right because he found this recipe in the newspaper the other day. He said, "hey, lentil sloppy joes, here's a recipe for you!" Hee, hee! It was in the health section of the Arizona Republic. The author also has a website here and the recipe is listed there. Great meal to make on a HOT 115 degree day. No heating up the kitchen!


The lentils after cooking for about five hours.


Lentil Sloppy Joes with sweet potato fries and broccoli.
The lentil mixture would be just as tasty over rice or quinoa.

I went shopping at my local Sprouts market and came home with these:

I haven't tried hemp seeds yet; they're kind of nutty tasting. 
I think I'll sprinkle some on my spinach salad.

A juicy organic non-GMO pineapple! 





No comments:

Post a Comment