Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

VegCookbookClub December recipes from Nava Atlas-Vegan Holiday Kitchen:

What a fantastic finish to an awesome month of cooking! I think I'm going to make these three recipes a tradition every new year.

Green Chili Corn Bread (pg 11):

 
The plain coconut yogurt makes this cornbread extra moist. A piece slathered with Earth Balance margarine and agave nectar is almost better than dessert!
 
Simple Garlicky Greens (pg 275):

 
Can you see the chunks of garlic? Yum! After simmering for almost 30 minutes the garlic was nice and mild. I just learned today that a 1/2 cup of cooked collard greens has 113 mg of calcium. Wow! (Read that in 'Crazy Sexy Diet' by Kris Carr.)
 
 Hoppin' John/Black-Eyed Peas and Rice (pg 274):

 
For the vegan sausages in the Hoppin' John I used Yves Meatless Breakfast Patties and just chopped them up before sauteeing. I used 2 tsp. dried parsley instead of the 1/2 cup fresh. I used 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes and then added tabasco sauce to mine when it was time to eat! Nice and spicy!

 
Happy 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment