Friday, January 18, 2013

Asian Noodles with Black Vinaigrette

VegCookbookClub January 2013 recipes from Kris Carr-Crazy Sexy Kitchen:



Now that the month is half over I'm finally sitting down to post. I did have trouble downloading my pics  so I had to get that figured out. New Year's goals:  I've been loving going to the gym and getting in shape on the Pilates reformer. Trying to get my back in shape after August's back surgery and drop those pesky pounds from laying around doing nothing while recuperating. I've also been stopping by the juice bar near the gym and getting a wheatgrass shot and a green juice 3 or 4 times a week! That wheatgrass is addictive. Since I do have a juicer (Jack LaLanne but I really want a Breville). I guess I need to try and make my own green juice. So I went to Sprouts Market today and stocked up on some organic veggies and green apples. We'll see how that turns out in the morning! 

 Asian Noodles (pg. 174) with Black Vinaigrette (pg. 226)

I love buckwheat soba noodles. The only ones I can find at the store though have egg whites in them. So I stock up on them online from Eden Organics. I substituted green cabbage for the Napa cabbage and used alfalfa instead of the other sprouts it called for. The Black Vinaigrette/Basic Asian Marinade is awesome! I used plenty of fresh ginger and garlic. Yum! I used the leftovers as a wonderful salad dressing. 


I cooked up some Gardein Chick'n Scallopini, sliced it and served it over the top of the salad. Of course mine was garnished with some hot Sambal Oelek chili paste. Wow, my mouth is drooling just writing about this salad; it's been 3 weeks since I've made it. I think I need to try this one again. :)
















No comments:

Post a Comment