Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Black Bean & Roasted Sweet Potato Burger~pg 133; Green Chili Guacamole~pg 231

VegCookbookClub January 2013 recipes from Kris Carr-Crazy Sexy Kitchen:

Green Chili Guacamole
Love guacamole anytime! Two of my favorite ingredients are in this-cilantro and limes. I added a little salt to mine.

Toppings for the burgers~
romaine, red onion, tomatoes and yellow bell pepper

Browning the burgers.
I doubled the recipe because I wanted to freeze some for later. There must be a misprint because direction #4  said to form six 6-ounce patties so I thought since I doubled the recipe it would make 12 patties. Well, I used my scales to weigh the mixture and I still only got 6 patties plus one small one. Hmm, I still froze four patties so I guess we're good. Love the flavor of these; they are kind of messy though. I would like to know how to get the outside of the burgers really crispy.

Black Bean & Roasted Sweet Potato Burger with Green Chili Guacamole

Wow! My burger looks as good as the one in the cookbook. For lunch today I spread some of the leftover guacamole on a sprouted grain tortilla-Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment