Friday, August 15, 2014

Red Lentil Dal with Red Beans & Greens


Another "greens" recipe from Wild About Greens. This calls for some curry powder or garam masala. I was out of my homemade garam masala so I mixed up some more. It's an easy recipe out of  La Dolce Vegan


Six ingredients for the garam masala. 
~coriander, cumin, cardamom, ginger, allspice and pepper~


My favorite vegan naan bread from Sprouts. I like to keep a bag of this in my freezer. 

~ Red Lentil Dal with Red Beans & Greens ~
The red lentils and seasonings get cooked down to a mush for easy dipping. Then you add in some kidney beans and greens; I used spinach and arugula. The recipe calls for 8-10 oz. of greens but after adding about 4-6 oz. I couldn't imagine adding another 4 ounces into the dal. That was a lot of greens! Of course this wasn't spicy enough for me and it seemed kind of bland so I had to add some more salt, cilantro and sriracha sauce. 




No comments:

Post a Comment