Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Homemade Chick'n Salad

Where did this week go?! I signed up for Vegan MoFo 2014 starting in September. It seems like I just finished doing that! 
I found this recipe for some chick'n salad at FettleVegan.com. I used Beyond Meat Grilled Chicken-Free Strips. The texture of the chick'n really holds up in a salad. It doesn't break down and get all mushy. 

~cubed chick'n, celery, onion, almonds and parsley~




 The dressing recipe calls for way too much salt-2 teaspoons! I foolishly added the 2 tsp. and found out the hard way. I had some sweet pickle relish, so I added about 1/4 cup to the mix. That fixed the saltiness and was a great addition. I think I'll add the relish from now on. 


I toasted some Veganic Lentil Grain bread for my chick'n salad. This is the second time I've tried this bread; still not too sure about it. It kind of has a rubbery texture unless it's toasted. I still like Ezekiel bread better. 

 ~Chick'n Salad Sandwich with romaine~

The rest of the week I made some favorites:

I added some mixed veggies in this time. 

~ Light and Fluffy Pancakes ~
Give Them Something Better
There is a recipe for making up a mix which uses powdered soymilk. Great to have on hand. I needed to restock the freezer with pancakes! 




~ Cherry Almond Cookies ~
Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar


~ Lentil and Chard Ragout ~
Crazy Sexy Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment