Monday, July 7, 2014

Cinnamon-Pecan Waffles (Pancakes) and 4th of July

I was hungry this morning! I didn't have any backup pancakes or waffles in the freezer so it was time to make some more. This recipe is from Cookin' Crunk for waffles. I didn't want to mess with the waffle iron and it was much easier to make pancakes. These are yummy! Whole wheat pastry flour, cinnamon, and toasted pecans make these pancakes nice and hearty. Lots of extras to freeze. Of course you have to top them with Earth Balance margarine and maple syrup! 

~ Cinnamon-Pecan Pancakes ~ 

4th of July is also my brother and sister-in-law's anniversary. They had a BBQ/swim party at their house and my brother loves these cookies I make. So I brought them a big plate of cookies for their anniversary. He was so excited! I have made them countless times; they are the best gingersnaps. 


~ Triple Ginger Gingersnaps ~ 

Since it was a barbeque I brought my own veggie dog and this broccoli salad from Give Them Something Better. It's always a hit whenever I make it.




The night before the 4th of July we had a huge thunderstorm. My little chihuahua, Lily, is petrified of them. I had read about these Thundershirts for a long time but never bought one because they were kind of pricey. After the thunderstorm though I called my local Petsmart and they had them. I picked one up for her and also one of my other dogs, Penny, for her anxiety. 4th of July evening started with a bang as our neighbors decided to have their own (illegal) fireworks show. Ugh! I put the Thundershirt on Lily and it was like a miracle. She settled down beside me and went to sleep. It's like a swaddling blanket that wraps snugly around them. I wish I would have had it for the thunderstorm; but I'm prepared now. Now I just need to buy two more; one for my basset hound, JoJo,  and one for Jet, the shih-poo!



No comments:

Post a Comment