Friday, November 16, 2012

Red Lentil Dal

VegCookbookClub November recipes from Forks Over Knives The Cookbook:

 
I love red lentils. So many different ways to use them in recipes. I like the way they cook down and get mushy! I'm not a stickler for no oil cooking so I used a Tbsp. of olive oil to saute' the onions. If you make this recipe definitely add the lemon zest at the end of cooking. It gives it a bright, fresh taste. I hadn't cooked in awhile so I used up all the odds and ends of veggies I had in the fridge. Just got back from the grocery store today and wow!-did I buy alot of veggies and fruit. Now I can get back to cooking again.


I served the Red Lentil Dal with garlic sauteed spinach, steamed broccoli and Sweet 'N' Sour Red Cabbage from La Dolce Vegan. Everything went together deliciously. I topped my red lentil dal with a little sriracha sauce for a some kick.

No comments:

Post a Comment