Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Fall Harvest Vegetable Chowder

VegCookbookClub November recipes from Forks Over Knives The Cookbook:

 
Delicious fall soup! I know this cookbook is all about no oil and no salt so I tried to follow the directions in this recipe. I used low-sodium vegetable broth and sauteed my onion, celery and carrots in 1/2 cup of it, which worked out just fine. While cooking and tasting the chowder I added 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. When it was all done I still needed to add more salt and some freshly ground black pepper. I should have just used the regular vegetable broth and then it wouldn't have needed so much adjusting. Most of these recipes could benefit with a little salt to bring out their delicious flavors! After all of that, this chowder is yummy with some toasted garlic/nutritional yeast bread for dunking. The recipe makes alot and I still kick myself because I always forget to halve the recipe. My husband and I can only eat so many leftovers; I'm going to try and freeze some of this and see how it tastes after defrosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment