Saturday, January 10, 2015

Mexican Quinoa and Collard Greens

I'm all about quick and easy meals lately. I've had this One Pan Mexican Quinoa recipe printed out since October and am now finally making it. I paired it with Easy Vegetarian Collared Greens. I forgot how good this collard greens recipe is! I linked both to the recipes. 


I buy pre-washed quinoa so I don't have to mess with rinsing it. Lots of spicy flavors-jalapeno, fire-roasted tomatoes, chili powder, cumin. It also has corn and black beans in the mix. After it's done cooking you stir in some chopped avocado, cilantro, and lime juice. 

The collard greens are cooked in some vegetable broth with onions, garlic, smoked paprika, and apple cider vinegar. I also added a dash of liquid smoke and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. 


These two recipes go really well together. I'll be ready to make this again soon. 

1 comment:

  1. I would like for us to pick another cookbook to cook through and blog about . it was so much fun fixing different recipes every day !!! any suggestions? I have abunch of Lindays nixons happy herbivore"s books

    ReplyDelete