Friday, January 9, 2015

Cherry Pie Bites & Pizza

 We were invited to my brother and sister-in-law's for New Year's Eve and I made these ridiculously easy Cherry Pie Bites. Usually I make my Triple Ginger Gingersnaps every year but I didn't even have the energy to do that. Even so, everyone raved over these sweet treats. Crescent roll dough (which is vegan) and a can of cherry pie filling topped with a glaze of powdered sugar and soymilk. You can find the recipe here




I was craving some pizza so I was good and made my own! I used a pre-made pizza crust and for the sauce I had some "Fast and Fresh Tomato Sauce" from La Dolce Vegan in the freezer. I had frozen the leftover sauce with a few Gardein meatless meatballs chopped up in it after eating pasta one night. It was perfect for the pizza sauce with the bits of meatballs. 

~ Italian Sausage, Meatball, Zucchini Pizza ~

I chopped up two Tofurky Italian sausages, some zucchini and red onion and sauteed them with a little onion seasoning and some red pepper flakes. I layered that over my sauce and topped it all with some Daiya shredded mozzarella. It satisfied my pizza cravings. YUM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment