Saturday, October 5, 2013

A New Cookbook & My Favorite Breakfast!


Well, my first attempt at Vegan MoFo was not quite a success. I did well up until the last week of September and then just fell apart. I think I just ran out of things to say and got tired of cooking. Also, I have a problem with authority; hehe , I don't like being told when to do something and how to do it. Eh, I gave it a shot. Anywhoo, I really, really needed another vegan cookbook (wink, wink). Blame it on VegNews. I like to read their book reviews and this one sounded too good to pass up. I like funky, fun cookbooks and this one fits right in. I'm not a wrestling fan nor am I into punk; I just like a different perspective on life! Bake and Destroy-Good Food for Bad Vegans by Natalie Slater:


I always like to try the tofu scramble recipes in any new cookbook. Plus, I was really hungry this morning! This recipe "The Non-Cop-Out Tofu Scramble" has lots of yummy ingredients and spices. Italian seasoning, garlic, nutritional yeast, sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives and spinach. Extra, extra flavorful!





My favorite toast toppings~Earth Balance margarine and Mango Chutney.



Tofu Scramble with hash browns and mango chutney toast. 
I ate every bite! 


No comments:

Post a Comment