Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sesame Bread Sticks~pg. 278

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

As you can see, I chose the poppy seed option instead of sesame seeds. They smelled so wonderful while they were baking. I tried a bite and all I could taste was salt! Way, way, way, WAY too much salt in this recipe! Be warned. I would like to try to make them again and cut the coarse salt that you roll them in down by at least half. You couldn't taste any of the other flavors in the breadsticks. This will be a re-do for me. I planned on serving these with the Raunchy Red Lentil Soup we are making next. I won't add any extra salt to the soup and I'll try to knock off some of the salt on the breadsticks! My husband, who loves salt and will salt his food before tasting it, even commented on the abundance of salt on these. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment