Friday, October 7, 2011

Claire's Macaroni & Cheeze~pg 125

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

I love, love, love this recipe. I have made it many times! Giving up cheese was the hardest thing; I'm a cheese addict. I have made this with Follow Your Heart Cheddar and Jack a few times. This was the first time I've made it with Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds~WOW! I could have eaten the whole pot  but I restrained myself and shared with my husband. I did have extra cheeze sauce left as I didn't boil enough pasta so guess what I am having for lunch tomorrow?! Before I transitioned to a vegan diet my cholesterol was 283. Now it is around 180. It Does Make a Difference. I grew up on these comfort foods and was always worried what I would feed my grandchildren when they would come to visit. This will be the first on the menu!

I served my macaroni & cheeze sprinkled with No Salt Shaker (pg. 303) and Black Bean & Sweet Potato Burrito filling (pg. 158) served on a corn tortilla which I brushed with olive oil and baked to crisp it up.
Have an awesome, healthy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment