Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus~pg 62

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
served with
Chapati Flat Bread (page 267)

Last year at Christmas I served this hummus along with the Edamame Hummus and a traditional white hummus. The red, green and white colors looked so pretty together. For this recipe I made the following adjustments: I am a little allergy sensitive to tahini so I used Vegenaise instead; 3 garlic cloves were too many last time, so I cut it down to 2 (I think I'm going to just go with one next time!); this time I only used 1 1/2 Tbsp. of each vinegar as it was too vinegary last time. Tastes delicious-just a little too much garlic still. Now for the Chapati Flat Bread~out here in Arizona we call these tortillas! And wow-I don't think I will ever buy flour tortillas again. These were awesome and so easy to make. They were especially delicious scooping up the hummus.

No comments:

Post a Comment