Monday, December 30, 2013

Hearty Winter Potato Soup

Vegcookbookclub December 2013 ~ 

from How It All Vegan

I seem to be on a soup kick lately. So easy to throw everything into one pot and end up with a warm homey meal. I loved the potato soup my mom made when I was growing up. Of course it used dairy milk and was rich and creamy and you couldn't have it without chopped bacon in it. So I thought I would give this one a try and see if it would compare.


I've never made potato soup with red bell peppers. For the vegetable stock I used Better Than Bouillon's No Chicken Base. 

Love these little Bac'Uns. They don't have that yucky red coloring that others do. 

I just used my handheld blender to blend this up right in the soup pot. I left a few chunks of potato for some texture. I topped the soup with some Daiya cheddar shreds, chopped green onions, fresh ground black pepper and some Bac'Uns. The soup is yummy and comforting but still doesn't come close to Mom's potato soup! 

No comments:

Post a Comment