Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Potato, Greens, and Soy Curls Curry



I could get used to these slow cooker days! Another great recipe from Kathy Hester's Vegan Slow Cooking for Two or Just For You. I wanted to use up the rest of my soy curls and this was perfect. I made a commitment to myself to use up all the grains, beans, legumes and other assorted ingredients I have hanging out in my pantry before I buy anything else. The only groceries I'm going to try and buy are fresh veggies (hopefully!) 

This recipe has quite a few ingredients but goes together quickly in the morning. Lots of spices-garlic, ginger, garam masala, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, turmeric, coriander and cardamom. Thirty minutes before serving you stir in a cup of minced kale, more fresh garlic and ginger, some vegan sour cream and salt. Instead of the pureed tomatoes (which I didn't have) I used a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes. It gave it some extra smoky flavor.


I had these packages of Quinoa & Brown Rice I used instead of the basmati rice. 


Yum! I added a generous helping of sriracha sauce on top for some more spice.



No comments:

Post a Comment