Friday, August 2, 2013

Polenta Casserole ~ pg. 138

VegCookbookClub July recipes from eat, drink & be vegan by Dreena Burton:




Another easy-to-make casserole. I've never used polenta before so I bought a tube to try this recipe. It calls for grated polenta so I chilled the tube in the refrigerator so it would be easier to grate. I like recipes where I can use the whole can of whatever and this called for 2 1/2 C cooked beans and 1 C tomato sauce. I got daring and used 2 whole cans of beans (1 15 oz. can tri-blend of kidney, black and pinto and 1 15 oz. can of cannellini) and 1 15 oz. can of tomato sauce. Hey, it worked out just fine! Instead of the fresh thyme I used 1/2 tsp. dried. The casserole tasted kind of like chili and cornbread. The polenta could have been a little crispier on top; next time I'll broil it a few minutes.



I served the Polenta Casserole with a fresh green salad and Sauteed Chard from Crazy Sexy Kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment