Thursday, January 8, 2015

Goodie Bags for New Year's

I like to get these bags made to give to the special people in my life during the month of December. Yeah, that didn't happen this year. So I made "Happy New Year's" bags instead. I like to give them to people who take such good care of me throughout the year ~ my chiropractor, hairstylist, massage therapist, Pilates instructor; and a few special friends. 
I have a notebook where I collect ideas all year long and then choose new things to add to the bags each year. This year I made two soup mixes I found in Vegan Food Gifts. Love that book; so many great ideas! And she gives you a recipe to copy and cut out with each one.  

 Masala Soup Mix
red lentils, brown rice, split peas, quinoa, veg. broth powder and lots of spices ~ 
Garam Masala style! -chives, cumin, coriander, chili powder, salt, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, black pepper, bay leaf


Cajun Red Beans & Rice
white rice, red beans, parsley, chives, salt, onion & garlic powder, smoked paprika, basil, black pepper, cayenne, oregano, thyme, and bay leaf

I also included a bag of my herb tea I make. 
I get the organic dried herbs from Mountain Rose Herbs. 

 Everyone always likes the aromatherapy spray I put in the bags. This year I used a recipe from Mountain Rose Herb's blog called "Winter Spice" with essential oils of cinnamon leaf, cedarwood, and clove. 

 I love making my own incense; it is quite labor-intensive though for so few cones. But it smells divine! It doesn't give me a headache like store-bought incense does. 

And for my cat-loving friends I included some catnip mice! I have heard good reports that the cats love them. Heehee! 


New Year's gift bags all ready to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment