Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Baked Penne with Sausage & Peppers and Another Scramble

 This week I tried a couple more recipes from Peas and Thank You


I had picked up a package of Tofurky Italian Sausage and found this recipe for a pasta dish. A fairly simple, easy to put together meal that is yummy. 

Sauteing the sausage with red and yellow peppers and onion. 

~ Baked Penne with Sausage & Peppers ~ 
This made a huge lasagna pan of pasta; I gave some to my brother, my daughter and we still had a lot of leftovers! We ate this for a couple of meals. 


It seems like when Sunday rolls around I'm craving some tofu scramble! I think I've tried almost every scramble recipe out of my cookbooks. They all have a few variations. This particular one has some cumin which I don't normally add. I did add a handful of chopped arugula for some extra color and melted Daiya cheddar on top. 

~ Tofu Scramble ~
with hash browns and toast 

The rest of the week I filled in with some tried and true favorites:

served with Gardein Crispy Tenders, baked potatoes and pickled beets. 

~ I made another batch of Zucchini Apple Bread  
for my grandsons (they love it!)

~ We ate the rest of the Tater Tot Casserole which I had frozen.

~ Massaged Kale Salad with Citrus, Black Pepper & Cheese Cauliflower and potatoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment