Friday, November 25, 2011

Faux Turkey~pg. 289; Cranberry Sauce~pg. 299

La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

My Faux Turkey simmering in the broth. I didn't add the 1/2 tsp. salt because the broth is always salty enough with the nutritional yeast and tamari. I also replaced the onion powder, sage and thyme with my poultry seasoning I make. I posted the recipe in "Seasonings". I am going to freeze the 'turkey' for later use. We're still eating leftover Tofurky from Thanksgiving yesterday. I roasted the Tofurky with butternut squash, potatoes, carrots and onions. I wish I would have taken a picture; it looked delicious and tasted delicious, too.

I served this cranberry sauce with my Tofurky. I really liked the golden raisins and walnuts in it. The recipe called for apple cider vinegar which I thought was weird but it tasted great.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a tasty thanksgiving dinner!! I think I may have a slight gluten allergy so I had to skip the faux turkey just to be on the safe side, glad to hear yours went well though!

    In the spirit of thanksgiving, I'm thankful for your participation in this challenge and for posting the calendars :)

    ReplyDelete