Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 11 Karen's Mexican Burrito Pie ~page 157

Vegan Culinary Institute La Dolce Vegan! Challenge:

Wow! We're are out of the triple digit temperatures here in AZ; still hovering close though. This spicy pie fits right in to the way we like to eat here. I have made this before and we love it.

I used my 9.5" pie plate and 10" flour tortillas and it made a nice little crust up the side of the dish.

I'm sorry but I did not whip up a batch of Faux Sour Cream just so I could use 1 Tbsp. of it. I used Tofutti Sour Supreme sour cream. I also used Pace Picante sauce in place of the homemade salsa. I can whip up a mean salsa but not tonight! I'll share the recipe later with you. This pie was hotter than last time I made it because I used extra-hot pickled jalapenos. I used a blend of pinto, black, and kidney beans for variety. For the vegan cheese I relied on my favorite Daiya shredded; I combined a mixture of cheddar and mozzarella flavor. This pie would have been good with the Cumin Rice I'm making tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment